Sara Delano Roosevelt House Renovation
City University of New York At Hunter College
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Sara Delano Roosevelt House was constructed in 1907 as a home for Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. The 20,000-sf (1,900-sm), six story high, building was donated to Hunter College in 1942.
LERA renovated the facility to accommodate Hunter College’s new Public Policy Institute, which contains state-of-the-art academic conference and lecture uses. Project features include façade restoration, new elevator and stairs, mechanical/electrical systems upgrade; and an addition that creates a large, double-height lecture hall for up to 100 people.
Dormitory Authority - State of New York;
The City University of New York
Polshek Partnership (now Ennead Architects)
Lucy G. Moses Preservation Award, 2010
The New York Landmarks Conservancy