top of page
Grant St. Administration Building
LERA was the structural engineer for the rehabilitation of this administration building built in 1897, now used by the New York City Board of Education for school administration services. The project involved the restoration and preservation of the façade and roof.
Part of the roof is supported by large wood trusses, the deterioration of which caused the roof to settle and the exterior wall to move outward. As a result, several timber trusses had to be retrofitted to provide new supports, after which they were jacked back into their original location.
New York City Board of Education
bottom of page