44 Union Square, Tammany Hall
LERA provided structural engineering services for a comprehensive renovation to this historic building located on the northeast corner of Union Square in Manhattan, which formerly served as the headquarters of Tammany Hall. As part of the scope of work, LERA provided shop drawings for the historic façade restoration work, designed by Weidlinger Associates. The historic façade consists of CMU backing with brick or limestone facing.
The 1929 building has been transformed into a 6-story, 70,000-sf boutique office building topped by a glass-and-steel dome roof. The renovation involved the construction of an entirely new superstructure behind its historic red brick-and-limestone façade.
New York, NY
Liberty Theatres, LLC